Gather Privacy Statement for Job Applicants and Candidates
Last Updated July 16, 2021
Types of information we collect:
Gather may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data in connection with the job application and recruiting process:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Demographic information that you provide voluntarily (without obligation), including gender, race, citizenship and/or nationality
- Your veteran status
- Your disability status
- Your health information (if required by law)
- Government-issued ID (if required by job responsibilities)
- Information about how you heard about the position(s) you are applying for;
- Reference information, including information provided by third parties;
- Information about your educational and professional background that Gather believes is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile)
How we use this information
The information you provide will be used by Gather for the recruitment and hiring process only. Examples of how we use the information are as follows:
- Evaluating your skills and qualifications for current and future career opportunities
- Verifying your information through reference checks or background checks if you are offered a job
- Communicating with you about applications that you have submitted with the company and, if applicable, for potential career opportunities at Gather
- Assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit
- Assisting you with reasonable accommodations to perform your job
- Improving our hiring and/or recruitment process in general, for example to improve our diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
If you are offered and accept employment with Gather, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Similar to our other privacy practices, we will retain your personal information in connection with the recruitment and application process for the period necessary to fulfill the legitimate business purposes outlined in this statement, unless longer retention is required by law or for auditing purposes.
You may contact us at email@example.com with any questions, requests or concerns.
This privacy statement is updated from time-to-time, and the date of the latest update will be posted here.