New year, new image improvements!
Learn about the latest updates to Gather, including improvements on image rendering and a bunch of bug fixes the team wrapped up for the start of the new year!
New year, new image improvements!
New year, new improvements!
⚙ Settings Menu Updates
We’ve been renovating our settings over the last few weeks. In case you haven’t seen them, here are a few we want to specifically point out:
Space Settings → Space Access → Require Login
This setting requires users entering your Space to both have a Gather account and be signed in for an added level of security.
User Settings → Accessibility → Reduce Motion
Formerly known as “turn off smooth movement,” this setting will adjust your character’s movement in Gather to be stepped. This feature may also help improve client-side performance.
User Settings → Graphics → Limit Frame Rate
If your computer sounds like it’s trying to take off into space every time you load Gather, this setting is for you
🦋 Less Flashy Updates and Bug Round Up
- Added progress bar to Basic Info page
- Fixed text and paragraph formatting bugs for Event Details field
- Added pop-up modal on bottom right of the dashboard to take you back to the checklist
- Adjusted “Go to dashboard” button on the events checklist to go to user roles page for events with 25 or less participants
- Adjusted the applause extension to trigger sooner
- Re-added the friendly plant extension (Previously placed plants will no longer work. Please remove and replace!)
Objects/ Image Rendering
- Fixed a bug that prevented some objects from loading properly
- Fixed several bugs that prevented sound objects from playing properly
- Fixed timed objects bug where objects set to appear at a specific time were not properly accounting for timezones
- Adjusted video-off character icons to scale dynamically with video container size
- Adjusted normal images with property set to blank via API to display as a transparent texture
- Fixed issue where live editing backgrounds and foregrounds were not propagating properly
- Fixed issue with colored private tiles appearing offset
- Fixed issue with private areas not rendering properly on large maps
- Fixed tooltips not appearing after going through the tutorial
- Fixed object rendering issue where an additional border would appear on the right side of objects
- Adjusted viewport to be bounded by map edges rather than always centered on your character
- Fixed bug where character names and outfits would reset or change when portaling between Spaces
- Fixed bug where characters would continuously walk in place
- Fixed sticky key issue that caused characters to continuously move in a direction after they released the directional key
- Fixed issue with keyboard movement lag
- Mobile - Fixed context menu from appearing over chat screen
- Deprecated pinned moderator messages for non-remote work Spaces (Replaced by information board)
- Fixed information board not appearing in Spaces created through the Event Checklist
- Fixed announcement text overflow
- Added ability for Space moderators to change and adjust reservation-only premium features
- Updated blocked permissions to prevent blocked users from locating, following, or sending chats to blocker
- Fixed bug that prevented new rooms from being created from existing rooms in existing Spaces
- Adjusted default homepage tab to be My Spaces rather than the Explore tab
- Fixed Space capacity bug for currently active but set to be canceled subscriptions
- Added text to screen indicating when you have turned off someone’s screen share or video, or muted someone who has their video turned off
- Fixed bug that would sometimes pause and not resume incoming audio/video connections when switching between grid and carousel video modes
- Updated desktop app to latest version of Electron
If you have any questions about these updates, you can always visit our Help Center.
Making things better, bit by bit.
-The Gather Team