We are building a virtual universe which fundamentally improves how people interact online.
Today, that means a powerful remote-social platform. We already have people working out of our office spaces, attending our virtual conferences, or going to school on our campus spaces. We have folks hosting everything from magic conventions to artist EP launches to Thanksgiving dinners, and even a few weddings.
The mission of Gather is to remove physical constraints on peoples' lives, and provide a virtual world which surpasses the real one in interconnectedness, personal touch, and expressiveness.
Come dream with us
Gather is a small team right now and that means every PM has an extremely significant role in shaping and executing the vision of the company.
Questions we find ourselves asking:
- How do we enable the future of remote or hybrid work? What kind of product research and analysis should we be doing now in all of our product verticals to be best prepared to deliver the best customer experience for this use case?
- How do we, broadly, enable real, meaningful, social connection over the internet vs the transactional feeling that comes with traditional solutions?
- How do we emulate the experience of sitting around a table with teammates or friends and hanging out?
- How can we empower users to customize their own experience so they feel a sense of pride in their space?
- … and more!
In this role, you’ll operate as the product leader for one of our core product lines – Remote Work. You’ll set the vision and strategy for your area with your counterparts in engineering and design, and you’ll be driving the execution of projects to hit our near-term and medium-term goals.
PMs with social and/or consumer experience, combined with a strong analytical sense, product sense, and excitement about joining a hyper-growth company that is ever-changing will do best.
What You’ll Do
- Use a combination of data, research, market trends, and the team’s instincts to articulate and socialize the strategy for your product lines
- Define short and long-term goals, and own the short and long-term roadmap that we believe will reach those goals
- Partner with design, engineering, maps, and art teams to deliver projects and run A/B tests successfully by developing a strong operating model and set of processes
- Spend lots of time with prospects and customers to develop empathy for our end-users and to develop an informed perspective on how to best address their needs
- Build strong relationships with teams outside of EPD, such as Ops and Finance
- Think outside of the box to solve problems with novel and creative solutions that are made possible by the Metaverse :)
Who You Are
- You have 5-7+ years experience in a Product Management role. A combination of consumer and B2B experience is ideal
- You have experience working alongside engineers, designers, and customer-facing teams and have shipped products at scale
- You have the ability to be hands-on and in the nitty gritty details, while also being able to zoom out and define the big picture
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical partners, internally and externally
- You are comfortable in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments and understand what fast growing startups entail for PMs
- You have excellent design sensibilities and are technical enough to develop strong relationships with your design and eng counterparts. SQL experience is also a major plus
- You are scrappy, have a bias toward action, and love moving fast
- You enjoy spending time with customers and are adept and getting to the root problems that your product is uniquely positioned to solve
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.