Add links to objects in your Space
🏃♀️Dynamic Embedded Website Objects
Change the embedded URL of an object without opening Mapmaker! If you are an Owner or a Builder in a Space, you can change the URL of an embedded website object while you are viewing it. The changes will immediately be reflected in the Space. If you're only a guest, you will get a message saying you do not have permissions to change the URL.
Creating an Event on Gather has never been easier! Introducing our new event creation system that will not only help you get organized, but also will give you a lovely landing page to send to your event attendees! The event link you send to your attendees will stay the same even if you:
- Change the Space you use for your event
- Adjust the date and time
- Update any event details or descriptions
Get started by navigating to your Gather homepage, selecting the Events tab, and selecting Create Event in the upper right corner.
You will be guided through a checklist to make sure you have everything you need to be ready for your Event!
Note that Events made using this checklist will not be automatically published to the Explore Events page. To be featured on the Explore Events page, please navigate to the Explore page and submit your Event using the provided form.
👍Gather Emotes v2
After many requests, and much anticipation, we are excited to announce v2 of our Emote system! This new system includes:
- Emotes showing up in videos under your name
- Emote customization
To customize your Emotes, select the Edit button on the right side of the Emote menu.
🦗Less Flashy Updates and Bug Round Up
- Fixed bug where character icons would show on top of shared screen previews
- Fixed Synchronized TV bug where the video would only play for the object creator
- Adjusted text in a few places for consistency
- Fixed errors with subscriptions not canceling correctly
- Fixed errors with reservations failing
- Found and fixed a performance issue that was causing increased lag for the last 2 weeks
- Promptly fixed the "Destroyer of Objects" bug on Friday where, if you were very unlucky within those few hours, deleting one object in Build mode deleted several other objects as well. If this happened to you we might be able to recover your map from the day before — please Contact us using this form.
If you have any questions about these updates, you can always visit our Help Center.
Making things better, bit by bit.
-The Gather Team